Baluarte de la Marina

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria · Category: Memory · Subcategory: Memory spaces · Year: 1703-1710

This small defensive battery was installed in the San Telmo cove at the beginning of the 18th century, very close to the Torre de Santa Ana.

Its function was to reinforce the protection of that stretch of coast up to the mouth of the Guiniguada, during those years of war over the succession to the Spanish crown, when the Archipelago was on alert against attacks mainly by English squadrons. 

Very little is known about this bastion. It is assumed to have been a small construction that stood for a short time, as by 1785 it was no longer operational.

28.108823, -15.415257