La Verdad Printing House

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria · Category: Memory · Subcategory: Memory spaces · Year: 1852

In 1852, the typographer F. M. Guerra established himself in Las Palmas, inaugurating his workshop at number 8 Santa Ana Square. 

The following year, 1853, printed copies appeared for the first time from the La Verdad Printing House, established in the same location as Guerra's printing house. It is assumed to be the same workshop with a new name and also a new owner: Isidro Miranda. 

From its original premises in Santa Ana Square, it moved in March 1867 to number 27 Colegio Street and later, in 1869, to number 10 San Justo Street. Here, in 1873, its workshop was completely renovated and new machinery brought from Paris was introduced. Finally, it was definitively installed on Remedios Street.

28.101571, -15.417016