Candelaria Battery
Santa Cruz de Tenerife · Category: Memory · Subcategory: Sites of memory · Year: 1656
This battery was built in 1656 by order of General Dávila y Guzmán. Located on the left bank of the Almeida ravine, it had a circular shape, armed with eight pieces: four iron and four bronze. Its garrison consisted of one sergeant, one corporal and five soldiers. It was evacuated shortly before Nelson's attack, probably because the orientation of its artillery was unsatisfactory. It was improvisedly replaced by the Santiago battery.
28.476909, -16.246259