Battery of Santa Rosa or del Rosario

Santa Cruz de Tenerife · Category: Memory · Subcategory: Sites of memory · Year: 1669

This battery was located very close to the Fort of San Pedro, at the edge of the sea. It had been built in 1669 as part of the old parapet, to which three gunports were opened. It was constantly renovated over time.

On the site occupied by this battery, the Engineers' Park was built in 1879. It was a single-storey rubble masonry building with its main façade facing La Marina street. As an annex, it had a small garden corresponding to the pavilion-houses of the Works Command. The colonel chief's pavilion was located in the south wing. The building also housed a warehouse and various offices.

Due to the construction of Anaga Avenue, the entire complex was ceded to the City Council in the mid-20th century for demolition.

28.468756, -16.247686